Sunday, November 8, 2009

Field Notes from a Catastrophe 1-34

The first chapter of this book was great. It was like reading a travel story almost, but there was a lot of science involved. I noticed that there was a lot of information about permafrost and carbon dioxide level increase in the Arctic. There's so much I didn't know about how global warming is affecting the Arctic. It seems whenever we hear about Global Warming, it's always about how it's going to affect the world as a whole. Yet, I never hear enough information about how it is affecting the Arctic.

There was so much science involved in the reading. I learned a lot about Alaska and about how global warming  is affecting the people that live there. Kolbert spoke to her readers in a very interesting and captivating way. It was easy to read along and understand the science behind what she was talking about. I really enjoyed reading it and it was hard to put down. It was very journalistic because she had some good reliable sources. I learned a lot reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment